Individuals Filing the Report of Foreign Bank
and Financial Accounts (FBAR)


To file the FBAR as an individual, you must personally and/or jointly own a reportable foreign financial account that requires the filing of an FBAR (FinCEN Report 114) for the reportable year. There is no need to register to file the FBAR as an individual.

If you are NOT filing the FBAR as an individual (as in the case of an attorney, CPA, or enrolled agent filing the FBAR on behalf of a client) you must obtain an account to file the FBAR by registering to Become a BSA E-Filer


Select Your FBAR E-Filing Method

PDF Form

Adobe Reader is required

Pdf image

bullet   Work at your own pace
bullet   Save as you go / Reuse form
bullet   Offline form preparation
System Requirements

Online Form

Adobe Reader NOT required

html5 image

bullet   You are ready to file today
bullet   One-time submission
bullet   Online form preparation
System Requirements

Submission Status Lookup

Click here to verify the status of your recent Individual FBAR Submission.